I’m a registered sole trader operating as Kate Clark. I offer copywriting, copyediting and proofreading services to businesses, organisations and individuals.
This privacy information describes how I protect and make use of the information you give me and was last updated on 10 May 2018.
The information I collect
I collect the following information:
- contact postal address
- email address
- information pertinent to your enquiry (e.g. nature of project)
Why I collect data
I gather and use certain information about you in order to:
- respond to your requests for information
- allow me to contact you while a project is ongoing
- allow me to invoice you once a project is complete
- enable certain functions on this website
How I collect data
I collect and store minimal information via the following:
- Agreement of terms form
How I use this data
The data I collect is used as follows:
- To contact you in response to your enquiry and to discuss a project.
- To record your agreement to the terms and conditions of my services.
- For my internal accounting processes (e.g. so I can invoice you) and so that I am compliant with my tax authority (HMRC).
I will never use this data for marketing or promotion purposes without getting your permission in writing first (for example, to publish a testimonial on my website).
How do I store your personal data?
The minimal information I collect is stored on the following data servers:
- Dropbox. This is a cloud-based file management system accessed via my password-protected computer.
- Email. This is hosted via my website host, Siteground.
How long do I keep your data for?
Because many of my customers and clients work with me more than once, I do not delete data unless specifically requested to do so.
I don’t share your data with anyone, unless you request that I do so in writing, or HMRC elects to audit my business.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables my website to identify your computer as you view different pages on my website.
I do not currently make use of cookie data, e.g. website analytics.
My website contains social media sharing buttons. These use third-party cookies.
To learn more about cookies, visit All About Cookies.
I will never lease, distribute or sell your information to third parties unless you give me written permission to do so, or I am required to do so by law.
You can ask me to remove your data at any time.
Please ask if you want me to delete or amend your records. As long as I'm complying with HMRC's legal requirements, I'll action your request immediately.
If you have any questions or requests for modification or removal of your data, please email me at email@example.com.